No Abode One Day sittings provide the opportunity to deepen in practice. Sittings include periods of sitting and walking, a morning dharma talk, lunch, voluntary work period, tea, and afternoon talk.
Registration closes on the Friday before the sitting or when registration is at capacity. Registration is open for participants who are able to attend the whole day. The day begins at 9 am and ends at 5 pm.
Health and Safety
In the interest of maintaining the health of our sangha members and our broader community, the following is required for participation in the sitting:
- A completed No Abode Monastery Covid Waiver
- Proof of a negative result on a Covid-19 rapid antigen home test administered the morning of the sitting.
- A completed Covid-19 Health Questionnaire completed the morning of the sitting.
The No Abode Covid Waiver can be submitted electronically upon registration or presented at the door. The No Abode Covid Waiver can be found here for your reference: Covid-Waiver-Form-2022.pdf
Note of change: Vaccination for Covid-19 including appropriate vaccination boosters is encouraged but not required for participation in one day sittings. Masking inside is optional.
On the Day of the Sitting
- Bring your copy of the No Abode Covid Waiver if you plan to present it at the door.
- Bring your own cushion or bench.
- Dress in layers or bring a shawl and socks. Windows and doors may be open.
- Refrain from wearing scented products.
- Bring lunch items that do not require heating.
- There is a voluntary work period. Participants may wish to bring a change of clothing for work.
- All seating is open seating, chairs are available, outside seating is available.
- Kindly be seated by 8:55 am, the sitting begins at 9:00 am.
- Tea and hot and cold water are available in the kitchen throughout the day.
- Appropriate sun exposure precautions such as a hat with a brim are suggested.
- Given limited seating and health considerations, all participants need to have their own individual registration prior to the sitting. We won’t be able to accommodate walk-in participants.
- Place cell phones in silent mode and stored away for the sitting.
- Photos and video require prior arrangement. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list to request an individual meeting with Tenshin Roshi during the sitting, is available upon arrival in the community room. See the one day sitting jisha on the day of the sitting to be added to the list.
There is no cost to participate in a one day sitting. Donations for teaching and maintenance of the temple are welcome; offering boxes are available on the day of the sitting. Donations to the temple can also be made through the following link:
To best care for the impact of our one day sitting on our neighbors and in concern for the environment, carpooling and/or ridesharing from Manzanita Parking Area is requested.
RIDESHARING FROM MANZANITA
Leave your car at the Manzanita Park and Ride Lot just off 101 at the Hwy 1 exit, opposite the Buckeye Roadhouse. Parking there is free.
NO ABODE RIDESHARE BOARD
If you would like to be invited to the NoAbodeRideSharing Google group, email email@example.com with a request to be added to the group.
CARPOOLING TO NO ABODE
FROM THE EAST BAY
Contact Karen Umezawa – firstname.lastname@example.org
FROM SAN FRANCISCO
Contact Tedd Brown – email@example.com